The Spirit of Competition 2012
“Every two years, the Spirits of Competition grow especially fervent, and draw close to the mortal realm. During such times, members of both the Alliance and Horde can honor the spirits and earn Competitor’s Tabards by seeking to defeat one another in the battlegrounds. For victory in competition, they can also earn the spirits’ favor in the form of a prized gold medal – and the special pet it summons.”
Despite the tooltip saying that the event would occur every two years, the last time this event happened was in 2008 with the Beijing Olympics. I’d been playing Warcraft very actively at this point for about 6 to 8 months, if I remember correctly. The game was a lot different pre-BC and really didn’t hold my attention all too much because of a lot of walking, wand specs and the overwhelming urge to explore every area of the map. So needless to say, PvP wasn’t really my thing at the time and that’s what this achievement involved.
A few guildies received the in-game pet and tabard and I remember being green with envy, wishing that I was one of the “cool kids.” Well, four years later the summer Olympics are upon us, this year in London. The Fay-family is waiting with baited breath to see what offering Blizzard will bestow upon us. Will we get another shot at an Olympic themed tabard and pet? Or will we be subjected to another disappointing tabard with a duration?
I’ve got my Troll fingers crossed, mon.
All three of them.
Got pics of your tabard and pet? Show em off in the comments!
- Blog Azeroth Shared Topic: Custom-Fit Professions
- Fayvorite Things 6.30.12: Real Life Friend Pimpin’, No Buy Week, No Spendin’ Cheese
- Sevenly: A Record Breaking Day Late
- Fayvorite Things 6.16.12 – Bracelets, Super Mog, WoW Nostalgia
- Blog Azeroth Shared Topic: Insert NPC Here
- Sevenly: Do Good – National Autism Association
- Fayvorite Things 6.9.12 – WoW Lull, Tag Clouds, Blog Birthdays and Thievery.
- FayTV Episode 2: Minecraftin’ and Texture Packin in Faytown
- Why? Why Not?
- I AM IRONMAN!